Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Note to Readers

The stories / posts you read below are submitted by fans of the McGruders to this website. If you've been influenced in any way by the life of Priscilla McGruder, we would love to have you tell us about it. Your story / submission will be posted here just like the rest of these . Please take a few minutes and share your story with other McGruder fans stopping by.

If you would like to submit a specific memory or would like to submit your own tribute to Priscilla that you would like to have posted on this site, please email that submission to "priscillatribute@gmail.com" Your contribution will be posted as soon as possible. As you can see, fan photos are VERY welcome.

A Personal Note

I am currently working as fast as I can to get this site up and running to my intended desire. Until some of the "details" are worked out, I'll try to get as much ground covered here as possible.

I have some requests out to publish written tributes here....hopefully that will start happening sometime next week. HOPEFULLY! Until that happens, I decided I would post my own thoughts regarding Priscilla.

This tribute was written and posted on my personal blog the morning after she passed away. My heart was so heavy with grief. That morning sleep evaded me, so I sat in the dark at 5 a.m. in the morning - to keep from waking my family, typing all of this out on my iPhone. Some moments I'd smile at the memory and then once again be overtaken with the tears that just wouldn't go away.

Since I refer to it in my post, I'll post the video of just one of my favorite songs. After you see her sing it and her remarks during the song, you'll know of what I refer to in my post.




Farewell "Lady"

The First Lady of the McGruders, Priscilla passed away yesterday. Her nickname was "Lady," hence the name of the post.

It has been one of the greatest pleasures of my life having her as a hero. I think she had one of the most beautful spirits of any human being I ever met. Just the glow of her face and her smile when she talked just made you feel special. It didn't matter who you may be, she was always full of kind words and humility. I met her many times during my teenage years.

As heartsick as I am over her death, I can't help but think how wonderful it must be for her to have crossed 'Jordan's tide' and to have finally made it over. On the last video clip I posted of them singing, in the middle of that song ( which is technically named "Jordan's Tide" on the original CD), her insertion of 'What a Lovely Day!' just slightly overwhelms me now.

When I think about the countless songs she sang regarding Heaven, and the energy and excitement she sang them with, if she was 3/4 as excited yesterday when she heard 'that big gate click behind her,' I'm sure it was a celebration that I regret I missed. She described her final destination in one song like this - 'Mansions of splendor, high walls and gates open wide; no more to sorrow, these tears He will dry from my eyes. It's a story-book ending where none of my dreams fall apart!'.

For the ones who know nothing about the McGruders, everything in quotes is something that is present somewhere in recorded form on one CD or another.

I will miss her terribly but at least we live with the hope of Heaven. It's weird - my heart hurts over her death, but I almost feel bad feeling sad because she has fought sickness and suffered so much - yesterday the tears of pain for her were all wiped away and yesterday all of her strength was renewed. She has finally caught a glimpse of the Master. I'm sure every day of suffering was worth that moment for her.

So, Farewell 'Lady' / Priscilla. The memory of you will be one that I treasure for the rest of my life. Thank you for your dedication to deliver your message of hope and of Christ with the anointing I have yet to rediscover in another.

No comments: