Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Note to Readers

The stories / posts you read below are submitted by fans of the McGruders to this website. If you've been influenced in any way by the life of Priscilla McGruder, we would love to have you tell us about it. Your story / submission will be posted here just like the rest of these . Please take a few minutes and share your story with other McGruder fans stopping by.

If you would like to submit a specific memory or would like to submit your own tribute to Priscilla that you would like to have posted on this site, please email that submission to "priscillatribute@gmail.com" Your contribution will be posted as soon as possible. As you can see, fan photos are VERY welcome.

"None Better!" by Wes Hanson

I just found out today about Sister McGruder's passing. How can you explain that a person with whom you had no personal relationship could elicit such a powerful emotional response at hearing this news? And yet there must be thousands upon thousands of people like me. She did not know our names, but we felt as if we knew her, and she was our hero! She left it all on the stage, whether it was the concert stage or the stage of life. She did not hold back, with undeniable boldness and conviction declaring the love, grace and power of Jesus Christ and the true gospel!

There have been times when I felt low and weak. There have been times when I felt unable to pray. I had only to turn on the music, and Priscilla and The McGruders were there to usher in the presence of God and help renew my worship and my confidence. If, when my life is over, I can say as she sang, "I've been tempted and I've been tested. My progress seemed arrested. But I can truly say God has never let me down! In the battle I've retreated, but I've never been defeated!" then I will know I have won!

There will never - could never - be another Priscilla McGruder in this life. She was THE master of her craft, although she would quickly testify it was only through her obedience and closeness to the Master Himself. She will be missed, and yet her gifted and anointed ministry will live on as we continue to turn for inspiration and encouragement to the recordings of the McGruders.

What a singer! What an anointing! What a life! What an example! When the final celebration begins, I would not at all be surprised to see Priscilla leading Heaven's choir and the countless throng of the redeemed in that "new song" of worship. None could do it better!


Wes Hanson
Glenn Heights, TX
Dallas First Church

No comments: