Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Note to Readers

The stories / posts you read below are submitted by fans of the McGruders to this website. If you've been influenced in any way by the life of Priscilla McGruder, we would love to have you tell us about it. Your story / submission will be posted here just like the rest of these . Please take a few minutes and share your story with other McGruder fans stopping by.

If you would like to submit a specific memory or would like to submit your own tribute to Priscilla that you would like to have posted on this site, please email that submission to "priscillatribute@gmail.com" Your contribution will be posted as soon as possible. As you can see, fan photos are VERY welcome.

A Friend of Jesus : by Charles Wilkerson

Henceforth, I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his Lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father, I have made known unto you.
John 15:15

Sis. Priscilla McGruder personified this verse for me. When she sang, it was not just a group of words wrapped in a melody. It was not just another “performance.” She sang and you felt like she was telling you about her closest and dearest friend. She displayed such a passion for souls that you could feel the Spirit moving as she would minister.

I’ve enjoyed many Southern Gospel concerts but when attending a McGruders “sing” I felt it was less a concert and truly a worship service. My lasting hope is Sis. Priscilla’s way of ministering will spread to a new generation of singers, so we can experience the divine moving of the Spirit down here until we can see her again and shout all over Heaven with her.

No comments: