Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Note to Readers

The stories / posts you read below are submitted by fans of the McGruders to this website. If you've been influenced in any way by the life of Priscilla McGruder, we would love to have you tell us about it. Your story / submission will be posted here just like the rest of these . Please take a few minutes and share your story with other McGruder fans stopping by.

If you would like to submit a specific memory or would like to submit your own tribute to Priscilla that you would like to have posted on this site, please email that submission to "priscillatribute@gmail.com" Your contribution will be posted as soon as possible. As you can see, fan photos are VERY welcome.

"He's Coming, People"



Sis. McGruder just had a way about her. She could sing about the coming of the Lord with such passion. It wasn't just another song to sing, it was something that you didn't have a doubt she believed was going to happen. Although it hasn't been heard about very often in previous writings regarding the McGruders, there were a few songs that she sang about about the Rapture and the coming of the Lord that I want to take particular note of. These are just a very few of many songs that I feel haven't gotten their due. Of course, "See Those Clouds" was a very popular song, but later, she sang a song called, "Certain Feeling" that I really love. That one was also was recorded live and she did a superb job on it. Then there was the song that was just played on the video - "Just a Few More Days."

Most recently on their newest album, "By the Book" has a song called "Fast Ride Home" on it. You have to hear this song. This CD didn't have the opportunity to get as much publicity before she had to slow down.

I won't take the opportunity to discuss every song on the CD, but "Heaven Too" is a wonderful song. That song can be heard on the McGruder's MySpace page. "Heaven Too" and "Fast Ride Home" are good enough reasons to have the CD for, but there is plenty more wonderful stuff on it. My 3 year old's favorite song is "In the Middle of My Praise."

Although, I love all the songs on this CD, one song really jumps out and claims the prize as favorite to me. It's the song "Grace For the Race." The emotion in her voice as she sings is captivating. It's almost a given that she's singing this song for herself as much as anyone else. I'm not sure what stage in her battle she was at when she recorded this, but oh, how it applies to her. In my mind it is right up there at "Heaven's Point of View." If you were a fan of that song, I assure you, you'll love "Grace For the Race".......

"Grace for the race, is the kind of help I'm needing. A strong hand of Mercy is the one I want leading. I can finish my course and I can keep the faith, as long as God gives me Grace for the Race." - Carroll McGruder / Rick Hargrove

No comments: