Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Remembering Priscilla McGruder

Note to Readers

The stories / posts you read below are submitted by fans of the McGruders to this website. If you've been influenced in any way by the life of Priscilla McGruder, we would love to have you tell us about it. Your story / submission will be posted here just like the rest of these . Please take a few minutes and share your story with other McGruder fans stopping by.

If you would like to submit a specific memory or would like to submit your own tribute to Priscilla that you would like to have posted on this site, please email that submission to "priscillatribute@gmail.com" Your contribution will be posted as soon as possible. As you can see, fan photos are VERY welcome.

"Most of All" - from a Fan in Ohio

Years ago I remember seeing the McGruders in a church in Southern Ohio. That night as they sang the song "Most of All," Sis. McGruder came off the platform and began to shake hands and pray with people. I can still remember the presence of the Lord that came over the entire audience. Everyone seemed to get blessed.

That was several years ago. That night made a huge impression on me, but the thing I remember most, was the conviction she sang that song with that night. I was completely convinced when I walked out those doors that night, that nothing meant more to Sis. McGruder than the day she would finally meet Jesus face to face. She sang with that much passion, that left no doubts in my mind.

I thought of her singing that song the day I learned she had died. Every time I think of her, I can still hear her singing that night, "Most of All, I want to look upon the Master, and sing praises, when at last the battle's won. I want to know I've run the race, hear Jesus say I've kept the faith. But most of all, I want to hear him say, "Well Done."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was one of my favorite McGruder songs.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this song. Sis. McGruder always sang it with an anointing that is unmatched by anyone.